I’m not making this stuff up: CNN Story
Giselle wrote in to NBC 6-7 months ago and was able to get us tickets
to see a taping of Late Night with Conan O’Brian. We went to the taping
this evening with our friend Earle. We were surprised by how tiny the
actual studio was. When Conan puts down how crappy his studio is, I can
Here are 5 Things about the show that you don’t get unless you’re there
1. The Max Weinberg 7 band is amazing. They sound exactly like on TV or
even better (unlike most of the musical guests, such as Chingy
2. Conan is very pale (except his face which has lots of makeup).
3. Conan is really funny. He came out to talk with the audience before
the show (after the warm-up guy) and he was cracking jokes and making
us all laugh.
4. The show is not live but it is shot in real time. During the
‘commercial breaks’ the band plays and everybody just sort of hangs
around waiting for the block of time allotted for the commercials to be
over then, ‘We’re back again.”
5. No going to the bathroom during a show. No cameras. No picture
taking at all.